REGISTER RISK FREE
We understand that these are uncertain times for runners so we’ve created very flexible registration policies for the 2020 Good Life Halfsy that allow you to register risk free.
THE HALFSY REGISTRATION GUARANTEE
If we are unable to hold the 2020 Good Life Halfsy in-person event due to coronavirus or you choose not to run, you can defer to next year or transfer to the virtual event for free.
We are super excited about the 2020 Good Life Halfsy in-person event.
However, if we must cancel the in-person event due to coronavirus, all registered participants of the in-person event will be able to choose between these two options.
- Defer your registration to the 2021 Good Life Halfsy in-person event. You may defer your 2020 in-person registration to the 2021 in-person event prior to the decision deadline announced upon cancellation.
- Transfer your registration to the 2020 Good Life Halfsy virtual event. If you do not defer your registration to the 2021 in-person event, your registration will be automatically transferred to the virtual event. Your race SWAG will be mailed to you. Your medal will also be mailed to you if you submit a time for your virtual run during the virtual event window.
If you choose not to run the in-person event despite there being no cancelation, you may defer your 2020 in-person registration to the 2021 in-person event or transfer to the virtual event at any time before 5:00 pm the day before the first scheduled packet pickup.
If you register for the virtual event and decide to transfer to the in-person event, you may do so any time before 5:00 pm the day before the first scheduled packet pickup by paying the price difference between your virtual event registration and the current price of the in-person event – provided that the in-person event has not sold out.
Please note that we have created registration policies that are as flexible as we can make them. Under no circumstances will refunds be issued for either the in-person or virtual events. We encourage you to read all race registration policies here.
THE HALFSY RUN SAFE COMMITMENT
We will follow social distancing best practices to ensure that everyone involved is as safe as possible. This includes initially capping the race at just 3,500 runners – half the originally planned capacity.
Exact policies for the Run Safe Commitment will be adapted as coronavirus conditions change. Final policies will be determined at least one week prior to the event and emailed to all participants. Keeping everyone as safe as possible is our top priority. Below are anticipated policies.
- Event signage will promote safe social distancing practices including maintaining 6 feet of distance between others.
- Dedicated lanes and waiting spots will be provided to aid in social distancing in areas where athletes congregate such as packet pickup, start line, and restrooms.
- Personal responsibilities will be communicated to athletes, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors prior to the event.
Cleaning and Sanitation
- We will reduce touch points to minimize physical interactions and deploy frequent cleaning and sanitation.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event including packet pickup, higher traffic areas, and in and around portable toilets.
- Water stations will use sealed, bottled water rather than cups.
- We will use increased safety and hygiene practices for staff and volunteers including use of masks, gloves and regular hand sanitization.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All staff and volunteers will wear face covering at all times. In addition to social distancing measures, athletes are requested to wear a face covering at the event while not on the course.
- Face masks will be available on site for athletes that do not have one and would like one.
- Transparent plastic barriers will create separation at essential interaction points such as packet pickup.
- Total event capacity will be reduced where appropriate to have less total event athletes.
- Waves may be implemented with multiple start times to reduce the number of athletes at the event site and on the course at any given time
- Athletes may be asked to remain in their vehicles prior to starting other than for essential activities such as packet pickup, using the restroom, brief warm-up or lining-up to start. Text messaging and event announcements will be used to communicate wave starts.
- Athletes may be given a recommended arrival time.
- Spectators may not be allowed or highly discouraged, unless accompanying a participating minor.
- After-Party activities including the award ceremony may not be held after the race to avoid gathering.
- Athletes may be encouraged to depart the event as soon as feasible after finishing.
- There will be no on-site registration. Registration and payment must be made online prior to event day.
- All participants will have the option to run virtually if they choose or defer to next year. Please refer to The Halfsy Registration Guarantee for more information.
Screening and At-Risk Persons
- Athletes, staff, volunteers, vendors, and sponsors will be asked to self-screen and stay home for any of the following reasons:
- Have been in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior to the event.
- Have experienced or been in contact with someone experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms in the 14 days prior to the event.
- Have a body temperature reading of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- All athletes and especially at-risk persons are encouraged to consult a physician prior to participating.
2020 REGISTRATION FAQS
Concerned we might have to cancel the in-person race due to coronavirus?
We get it. You’ll be able to defer to next year or transfer to the virtual event for free if we have to cancel due to coronavirus thanks to the Halfsy Registration Guarantee.
Stoked to register, but not sure if you’ll feel comfortable running when the time comes?
That’s understandable. At any time up until 5pm the day before packet pickup, you can choose to defer to next year or transfer to the virtual event for free with the Halfsy Registration Guarantee.
Wondering how we’ll keep you safe on event day - November 1st?
Your safety is our number one priority. We will follow endurance event social distancing best practices and have developed the Halfsy Run Safe Commitment to make sure you know everything we are doing to make event day a safe day.
Want to go virtual, but think you might change your mind?
We’ve got you covered there, too. You’ll be able to transfer to the in-person event any time up until 5pm the day before packet pickup. Just pay the difference and you’re in!